ENVIRONMENTAL CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
Estate section is one of the important departments in the hospital and it plays vital role in the smooth functioning of the VMMC & SJH. Our main functioning within the hospital is to ensure that all services, equipments & plants are running smoothly and correctly this include all day to day maintenance, project work, upgrades, breakdown etc.
Location: Currently the estate section is operating from a First Floor of Telephon Exchange near Dental Department.
Team: The Estate Officer - he has quasi-judiciary powers, under the PP Act 1971. Dr. Neeraj Kr. Gupta is currently designated Estate Officer. One officer of the level of Chief Medical Officer supervises the functioning of the department. He is assisted by Assistant Administrative Officer, Head Clerk, Caretaker of buildings and two to three dealing assistants.
1. Safdarjang Hospital: Estate section looks after various buildings built on the 47 acres of land allotted to SJH and VMMC.
2. Residential Accommodation: Currently residential accommodation is provided to the permanent staff of SJH/VMMC as per the seniority list in the following locations:
West Kidwai Nagar: 268 dwelling units built on 13 acres. There are
110-Type-I quarters available for allotment.
Raj Nagar: Type-I & Type-II dwelling units, numbering 192 are built on 13 acres plot at Raj Nagar, adjacent SJ Enclave.
Sriniwaspuri: Common multi storied buildings built in Sriniwaspuri, houses nurses belonging to SJH, LHMC and RML Hospitals. A total of 155-Type-III and16-Type IV quarters are available for our nursing staff.
Madangir : 40 Type-I Quarters at Madangir DDA Flats are under litigation.
The section also deals with collection of licenses fees, water/ electricity charges etc from their residents.
3. Litigation: The cases under P P Act are heard in the court of EO. Eviction proceedings of all unauthorized and illegal occupants are affected through this section. The matter, if taken up at higher court levels, is also proved with court attendance etc.
4. Planning: Newer constructions or renovations planning is dealt by this section. Currently National Organ Transplant Programme (NOPT ) at 4th & 5th of ICMR building is constructed in the Hospital premise. The following proposals are under consideration.
Ø CBRN Building : Construction of CBRN building, Trauma Centre and Nursing Home(100 Beded) on Incinerator land
Ø Construction of Super Specialty Wing of 600 Beds.
Ø Auditorium for 1000 VMMC Students, Lecture Theaters, complex to cater to 250 , Examination Halls, Two extra floors on VMMC building for enchanced staff strength.
Ø Extension of VMMC Hostel at West Kidwai Nagar, New Delhi.
Ø Extension of P. M. R. Building.
Ø New Houses for Nurses in nearby area of S.J.H.
Ø Nursing College
5. The sections issues administrative approval and economic sanctions of various renovations, CPWD budgetary provisions and liaisons with CPWD SJH (Civil & Electrical) divisions for all day to day maintenance, project works, up-gradation/ renovations and running of various plants.
The CPWD SJH division has Civil and Electrical wings which are headed by officers of Executive Engineer rank.
Civil Division is currently under Executive Engineer, Shri V.K. Singh(CPWD, Delhi Center Circle X). He is supported by five Assistant Engineers & 6 Junior Engineers division and looks after nearly 1, 00,000 Sqm built up area of the hospital including 15 buildings (3 floor plus) for day to day maintenance, repairs or addition/alterations etc whenever asked by Medical Superintendent.
Electrical Division is headed by Executive Engineer Shri R.B. Singh (CPWD, Delhi Center Circle IV). He supervises the work of Six Assistant Engineers and seven Junior Engineers. The electrical division runs and maintains various power plants, incinerator, air-condition plants, water pumps, emergency wet risers, street lights etc and is generally responsible for repair/ maintenance of all electrical appliances and fittings of the hospital. Currently efforts are on foot to introduce power conservation measures.
(As on 19.3.12)