The Department of Radiotherapy, Safdarjang Hospital is one of the oldest departments of Radiotherapy in North India. This department provides for free radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatments to cancer patients. Besides outpatient services, the department also has inpatient services.
The Department has 03(three) "Rotational cobalt Machines". For dosimetry and radiation protection, calibrated dosimeters and survey meters are available. The Department has a High Dose Rate-Remote Controlled Brachytherapy Unit.
Location of department: H-Block
OPD: 2nd Floor-D Wing- New OPD Building (R. No 259-273)
Wards: Ward 2: Female Ward (Maternity Block)
Ward 15: Male Ward (H-Block)
011-26165060 Ext. 7139,7446,7169
Details of patient related facilities
1. New Cases: Mon, Wed, Fri – 9 AM to 1 PM.
2. Follow up cases: Daily Mon to Fri - 9 AM to 1 PM.
1. ENT tumour Clinic: Tues – 2 PM.
2. Cancer Surgery tumour clinic: Tuesday – 12 Noon.
3. Pain & Palliative Care Clinic: Thursday – 9 AM.
4. Tumour Board: Mon, Wed, Fri – 2.30 PM.
5. Patient Radiotherapy Planning: Sat – 9 AM.
6. Radiotherapy Reaction Clinic: Daily 9 AM to 5 PM.
7. Day Care Chemotherapy Clinic: Daily 9 AM.
Machines & Equipments available for treatment of cancer patients.
1. Theratron 780-C.
2. Theratron Elite (two)
3. HDR Brachytherapy System.
(As on 4.3.14)