Medical Store of SJH under supervision of Senior Professor does the Procurement of
2. Drugs/Medicines, Surgical Disposable/Dressing items, Lab.
Chemical items, I.V. fluids, Medical gases and the work
pertaining to patient utility fund.
1. Procedure for procurement of goods/articles in brief is as under:
(i) In each financial year indents for drugs/medicines are sent to Govt. Medical Stores Depot for the supply of the items, which are the in Vocabulary of Medical Store Depot. The drugs/medicines which are not supplied by MSD and NOC is issued by the Govt. Medical Stores Depot VMS/NON-VMS items are procured as per the Govt. of India, rules.
(ii) Procedure for procurement of goods/articles in medical store Deptt. of Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi is as per the Govt. of India, General Financial Rules and the rules made thereunder from time to time, by open tender/limited tenders. However for urgent requirements provision for local purchase is there within the limits prescribed.
- Procurement of equipment : The demand of equipment received from the concerned department is put up to the duly constituted screening committee for justification of procurement. Only after the approval of the screening committee, it is procured though open tender/limited as per laid down Govt. of India Rule. The contract for purchase is issued only after the recommendations of the Surgical Equipment Purchase Committee and approval of the competent authority.
- Repair of Machinery: The demand for Repair and Annual Maintenance Contract of equipment, as and when received from the user Deptt. is put up to the Repair & Maintenance. Committee. After the approval of the competent authority, work order is issued to the concerned firm.
4. Procedure for Inspection of goods/articles after the procurement.
(i) All goods/articles after procurement are inspected by the Inspection Committee members. Goods/articles are distributed to the user departments only after inspection is carried out and the quality of goods/articles is found to be satisfactory as per the specification as in the order placed on to the firm. .
(ii) For inspection of new Machinery /Equipment and accessories/ spares / consumable of existing equipment, a co. opted member for the department is also included in the inspection committee
5. Condemnation : Condemnation of irrepairable / obsolete/ uneconomical repair articles is done by the duly constituted Condemnation Board, after receiving the request from the concerned deptt. The item are disposed off by advertised tender.