SERVICE/ACTIVITIES DONE IN THE DEPARTMENT
1. Coordination of Medical Examination of students at the time of admission.
2. Teaching & training of undergraduate Medical students.
3. Teaching & training of nursing students (of Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur, Nursing College, Delhi), MLT students & PGDMCH (Post graduate Diploma in maternal & child Health) students from IGNOU.
4. Teaching & Training of Postgraduate Students
5. Training of Interns & Externs
6. The Department of Community Medicine is a nodal center for Integrated Disease Surveillance Project (IDSP).
2. SERVICES TO THE COMMUNITY
2.1 PHC – FATEHPUR BERI : Located at a distance of 20 km. from VMMC. It caters to a population of 54,500.
Staff posted from VMMC.
1. Senior Resident – 1.
2. P.H.N. – 1.
3. Interns + Externs.
Activities at Fatehpur Beri PHC:
1. General OPD Services
2. Maternal + Child Health Service including out reach Services at sub-center for providing antenatal care and Immunization to mothers & children.
3. Seminar presentation & discussion.
4. DOTS Center.
5. Malaria clinic.
6. Field visit.
7. Health Education.
2.2 RHTC – NAJAFGARH : Located at a distance of 35 km. from VMMC. It caters to a population of 1, 60000.
Staff posted from VMMC:
1. Health Inspector – 1
2. Senior Resident
Activities at RHTC – Najafgarh
1. General OPD
2. Maternal + child health
3. Immunization clinic.
4. Ante-natal clinic
5. Seminar Presentation.
(As on 18.2.13)