for HINDI version CLICK here
This Hospital is a subordinate office of Directorate General of Health Services and is under administrative control of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi. It is situated in Region ‘A’ and comes under the category of operational office. Approximately more than 327 officers and 2025 employees are working in this hospital. As per data available on March, 2012, 41 officers and 225 employees are proficient in Hindi and rest are having working knowledge of Hindi. Lower Division Clerks remaining for Hindi Typing Training are being nominated in every session as per Roaster. This office is notified office under Rule 10(4) of Official Language Rules, 1976. Main objective of Hindi Section is to promote progressive use of Hindi.
Present position of Hindi Staff :-
- Dr. V.K.Tiwari, Consultant (B&P)-Officer I/c
- Smt. Monita Mutreja, Hindi Officer
- Sh. Vinay Kumar Garg, Jr. Hindi Translator
- Sh. Pradeep Kumar, Jr. Hindi Translator
- Sh. Arvind Pareek, Jr. Hindi Translator
- Sh. Sukhbir Singh Nagar, U.D.C.
- Sh. Subhash Chandra, L.D.C.
- Smt. Krishna Devi, Peon
- Smt. Bimla, Safai Karamchari
All the posts mentioned above are filled as per Official Language Rules. One post of Hindi Translator & L.D.C. is lying vacant.
Hindi Section works to achieve the target prescribed by Official Language Department as per Annual Programme in the following manner :-
1. Publicity of Hindi language.
2. Provide information regarding constitutional and legal provision of official language.
3. Issue orders regarding Official Language Policy.
4. Implement incentive schemes.
5. Provide training regarding Hindi Language, Hindi Typing & Stenography.
6. Preparation of quarterly, half yearly & yearly reports.
7. Organize meeting of Official Language Implementation Committee, review the position of Hindi work and take necessary action.
8. Translation Work.
A four member Inspection Committee has been constituted to ensure implementation of Official Language at the hospital level. To know the position of progressive use of Hindi, this Committee inspect some selected sections & submit its report to Medical Superintendent. Besides this, for promotion & publicity of Official Language, all concerned are motivated & provided with all possible help as under :-
1. Use of Hindi in correspondence.
2. Use of both Hindi & English language for prescribed purpose.
3. Issue of Name Plates, Notice Boards, Rubber Stamps, Register, Letter Head, Govt. Advertisement etc. in bilingual form.
4. Ratio of Devnagari Typewriter, Hindi Typist & Stenographers.
5. Use of Hindi in Training Courses.
6. Entry in Hindi in Service Book.
7. Organize Hindi Day/Week.
8. Organize Hindi workshop.
There is a small library of Hindi Books/Magazines in Hindi Section. In the Library there are approx. 376 books of different writers/ literatures on different subject like biography, humor, stories, poetry, novels etc. Besides this all the Hindi Newspapers & Magazines like Grahshobha, Sarita, Mukta, India Today, Suman Saurabh, Nandan, Champak, Vanita, Oh Zindgi etc. etc. are being purchased regularly.
Medical, Para-Medical, Technical & other staff talk in Hindi with patients/public.
(As on 22.2.13)