1. For patients getting treatment in Safdarjang Hospital, who come from out of Delhi and who could not get indoor admission and/or are required to visit the Hospital daily for treatment and desire to stay in or near the hospital, facilities for staying in the Dharamshala are available free of cost which is provided on the recommendation of the Head of Department (HOD) concerned of the Safdarjang Hospital. The Dharamshala is functioning under the complete administrative control of the Safdarjang Hospital.
2. Dharamshala is situated in a separate building on Ring Road (near to Raj Nagar Flyover) opposite to the Safdarjang Hospital. It has six halls with 65 beds. One patient is allowed on one bed. 24 rooms are also available in the Dharamshala which are provided to patients who required isolation on medical advice/permission either from MS / Addl. MS / CMO (Dharamshala). One kitchen is also there which can be used for cooking food etc. at their own expenses. Toilets / bathrooms are common. The Dharamshala is guarded by security personnel 24 hours. Services of Hospitalís Ambulance vehicle are also available in the morning & evening to take / bring the Hospitalís patients only from / to the Safdarjang Hospital.
3. Dharamshala is open 24 hours, however, admissions are allowed on the specific recommendation of the Doctors of the Safdarjang Hospital and subject to availability of bed. The staying facility in Dharamshala is available free of cost. No fee etc. is charged from anyone. Alone patient is not permitted to stay in the Dharamshala. Only one attendant is allowed with one patient. The attendant should be of the age of 18 years and above. Children are not allowed to stay with the patient. Admission in the Dharamshala is not allowed to the patients of contagious diseases. Smoking is prohibited and violation of the same will be dealt with a fine of ` 200/-. The use of electricity is allowed up to 11.00 pm in the night during summer and up to 10.00 pm in winter. Residing patients in the Dharamshala are responsible for their valuables. Dharamshala / Hospital administration will not be responsible for any kind of theft or loss in this regard.
4. For getting admission in Dharamshala, necessary permission / application form can be obtained from the office in Dharamshala during working hours between 9.00 am to 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm from Monday to Friday and 9.00 am to 1.00 pm on Saturday. Security guard on duty can be contacted in this regard before and after office hours. Duly filled application form with the recommendation / signature of the concerned Head of Department (HOD) is to be submitted in the office of caretaker in Dharamshala who will issue a permission / admission letter. Such admission letter is to be shown to any visiting / inspecting officer on demand.
5. The allotment of accommodation in Dharamshala is made initially for a period of 7 days. But, a patient can be allowed to stay maximum for a period of 42 days. However, in exceptional cases, permission to stay further may be granted by MS / Addl. MS.
6. Necessary information relating to admission etc. in the Dharamshala can be obtained from the Caretaker, Room No. 2, Ground floor, Dharamshala. Caretaker and other staff including security personnel are working there under the supervision of Chief Medical Officer In-charge Dharamshala .Telephone number of Dharamshala is 011-26882010
(As on 26.12.12)