INTRODUCTION : Ministry of Law & Justice, legislative department, published the RTI Act 2005, in the Gazette of India on 15th June 2005. The Objective of the Act was to provide all the citizens access to information under the control of public authorities to facilitate & promote transparency and accountability in the working of institutions working under the Government.
Definitions under the Act are as under:-
Section 2 (f) - “Information” means :-“Any material in any form including records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force.”
Section 2 (i) - “Records” means:-
(a) any document, manuscript and file;
(b) any microfilm, microfiche and facsimile copy of a document;
(c) any reproduction of image or images embodied in such microfilm(whether
enlarged or not); and
(d) any other material produced by a computer or any other device.
Section 2 (j) - “Right to Information” means:-
(i) Inspection of work, documents, records.
(ii) Taking notes, extracts or certified copies of documents or records;
(iii) Taking certified samples of material;
(iv) Obtaining information in the form of diskettes, floppies, tapes, video
cassettes or in any other electronic mode or through printouts where
such information is stored in a computer or in any other device.
4. PROCEDURE FOR RECEIVING INFORMATION (SERVICES OFFERED) : As per the provisions of RTI Act the appropriate & complete information is given to the applicant on receipt of application along with application fee. The application fee is paid in form of Demand Draft, Banker’s Cheque, On Demand Pay or Postal Order in favour of Medical Superintendent, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi or can be deposited Cash in Accounts Section, Safdarjang Hospital for an amount Rs. 10/- per application. The information is provided @ Rs. 2/- per page. The information is also given in terms of inspection of the documents within the provisions of Act.
5. APPEAL BY THE APPLICANT: In case if the applicant is not satisfied with the information given by the CPIO or the information is denied on account of exemption from providing of information or any other reason the applicant may make First appeal to Appellate Authority within 30 days of the receipt of information. The Appellate Authority and its address are given above.
QUARTERLY REPORT OF RTI CELL
FOR 1st OCT' 2013 to 31th DEC' 2013
1. Number of RTI Applications received during the Quarter = 222
2. Number of Appeals to 1st Appellate Authority = 16
3. Number of Appeals referred to Central Information Commission for 2nd Appeal = Nil
(As on 19.2.14)